Prev: RE: (OT)(SG2) A question, to ARV or not to ARV... Next: Re: Re: wandering [OT] [was: B5 Ship Figures]

[FT]Weapons vs. other stuff

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 10:05:39 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: [FT]Weapons vs. other stuff

Kevin Walker schrieb:

> On Monday, May 6, 2002, at 09:53 PM, Eric Foley wrote:
> > [FB ships]	They devote too much of their total mass to things
> > other than weapons.
> > That is the failing that is most emphasized with the FSE BDN:
> > 75% of its mass is taken up in drives, hull, and screens.  But
> > it's only the worst of the lot -- the NAC SDN devotes 68% of its
> > mass to it, the NSL SDN devotes 67%, the FSE SDN devotes 65%,
> > and the ESU SDN devotes 70%.  What I really think is that all of
> > those percentages are too damned high

> I disagree - under differing situations and battlefield
> requirements as alluded to above these.

Under which circumstances and playing styles do Eric's comments apply ?
Would vector or cinematic games favour different
weapon/protection/thrust balances ? How about open/closed tables ? Fast
movers compared to sit and turn tactics.
How do others see this arguments ?

Is there a problem with the relative costs of weapons and other systems
? I don't remember seeing many comments to that effect on the list.

Greetings

Prev: RE: (OT)(SG2) A question, to ARV or not to ARV... Next: Re: Re: wandering [OT] [was: B5 Ship Figures]