Prev: [DS] PDS from above question Next: [no topic ;)] Heaven and Earth

From: "Tim Gray" <flakmagnet@t...>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 20:17:50 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 21:21:18 +0200
Subject: Re: !wándèrîng [ÖT]

The
> most
> unusual are probably the click sounds of the !Kung (Bushman) languages
> marked by exclamation and other marks.
>
> Using only apostrophes is just a lack of imagination .
>
> ;-)
> Karl Heinz

But you are still talking about sounds that humans can still make...
how
would you spell *Sound of rending metal punctuated by flatulatory
noises*?

Me, I render it all down to Scree'Brrapp.

And I'm pretty imaginative, thank you very much, it's just hard to send
umlauts and whatnot through text email using my current email client and

keyboard.  (Read that as I haven't a clue how I'd go about it, in spite
of having the ASCII codes for such characters taped to the wall of my
office.

Prev: [DS] PDS from above question Next: [no topic ;)] Heaven and Earth