Prev: Re: RE: Re: Fighters Next: Re: (OT)(SG2) A question, to ARV or not to ARV...

RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters

From: "Alfie Finch" <alfie.finch@b...>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 00:05:48 +0100
Subject: RE: Its Doctrine, Scouting and Tactics not Fighters

We tried something similar as a house rule in our group for
campaign games...this was under FT2/MT though.

If the Fleet is in hostile territory and loses all fighter bay
equipped ships, fighters roll 1d6+2 for morale (instead of 1d6).
If they fail 3 times in a row they eject and await pick-up.

It never got used as there was an opposite argument that
fighters knowing that they have no way of bringing their fighter
home would be more likely to press the attack in the hope that
their side won and would be the force picking up bailed out crew
at the end of the battle.

Rather than expand on the rule for racial/cultural modifiers,
scenario modifiers (homeworld defence for instance), we dropped
it.

Rgds,

Alfie

Prev: Re: RE: Re: Fighters Next: Re: (OT)(SG2) A question, to ARV or not to ARV...