Prev: Re: [OT] Trek once more Next: Re: 15mm vehicle compatibility

Re: 15mm vehicle compatibility

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 23:12:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: 15mm vehicle compatibility

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Jon Davis wrote:

> DOCAgren@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated Fri, 3 May 2002 19:35:11 EDT, oMxConnell@aol.com
writes:

> > <<I'm gearing up for SG in 15mm. So far I've uncovered Brigade, DLD,
and Stan
> > Johansen.
> >
> > Are there any other manufacturers of merit?
>
> There's another company called Force XXI Miniatures.	You can judge
the quality
> of their castings from their web pages.
>
> http://www.midiowa.com/colsten/

I asked about these guys on the list ages ago, and judging by people's
comments & the pics on their website, quality & detail are less than
stellar. Uninspired designs & low-quality execution, both in sculpting &
casting. It's too bad, because a good line of wheeled fighting vehicles
would be a great addition to SF gaming, esp. in 15mm.

I think the Force XXI walkers should win some sort of award for 'most
awkward looking vehicles ever designed...
(http://www.midiowa.com/colsten/mracs.html) The four-legged one would be
in first place! (Could it even move as designed?)

On a slightly better note, there's also Brigade Games (NOT Tony's
Brigade
Miniatures!). This Brigade is a Yank firm, and their 15mm line includes
several vehicles. The whole range has a GW-ish science-fantasy flavour -
spiked armour & stuff - but some of the vehicles are cool. I have a pair
of their Scout Cars, from the old manufacturer, and they're pretty nice
vehicles. (http://www.brigadegames.com/)

See my SG2 15mm Gallery
(http://wind.prohosting.com/~warbard/sg2gallery.html) for a pic of one
of
my Scout Cars - right down near the bottom of the page. guntruck01.jpg
is
the filename.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: Re: [OT] Trek once more Next: Re: 15mm vehicle compatibility