Prev: Re: Fighters Next: Re: [FT] Fighters - some thoughts

Re: Fighters

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 21:23:47 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters

>From Kevin Wlaker:
>> I'd rather balance the rules around the FB ships for one main reason
-
>> to provide an "out of the box" solution for players.

Thjis I agree with

>From Eric Foley:
>Um... at risk of flaming... too bad.  That's part of the point of the
game:

>it's SUPPOSED to be generic and able to support custom designs without
>hitch.

This I also agree with.

> If you don't want to bother with the design system.... go ahead and
>ignore it!  Play with the FB1 ships and don't worry about it!
There's
>nothing wrong with that!

And if the system gets revised to make the FB1 and custom designs more
compatible, that can only be a good thing too. If it ruins one set of
custom
designs, its just a challenge to make a new set - or - ignore the rule
change and play the "old" way.

>I've left the Tuffleyverse behind
>altogether and am out exploring on my own...

Then any changes made in this area have no bearing on your games. You
still
tend to use FT systems that have no clearly defined rules in the FB
design
system anyway (e.g. cloaks), so you are already used to taking the rules
you
want and leaving the rest, as FT is designed to do. Gamers like you are
among the most able to roll with changes to the base system.

Prev: Re: Fighters Next: Re: [FT] Fighters - some thoughts