Prev: Fighters vs. non-fighters doctrine Next: Re: Fighters

Web Games: Full Thrust & Free tickets to (UK) Premier of Episode 2

From: "Mr.Zorg" <mr_zorg@l...>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 02:45:02 +0100
Subject: Web Games: Full Thrust & Free tickets to (UK) Premier of Episode 2

I'm thinking about the mechanics of a live fleet level web game.  I now
have
100% internet access and an awful lot of spare time on my hands.

Here are my jumbled thoughts on the subject.

Most FT games are resolved within 12 turns (correct me if I'm wrong)

Each ship is fired on an individual basis - all of its weapons are fired
and
damage applied to hit targets before moving on to the next active ship.

In a 'duel' style game the first man to shoot at close range wins - it
would
be easy enough to alternate weapon fire between two ships and make
'gladiator' combat more interesting.

If pre-game planning was applied to communication, some interesting
situations would/could occur.  If sub-space communication (through the
GM)
was/is possible, each an admiral could send a message to 3rd Fleet, just
Ship NCC1009, or to all Klingons (or whatever).

With a little thought, this might be a good idea :-)  and could easily
be
applied to Dirtside, Stargrunt, or FMA.

One of my favourite films is Tron, and my future GZG acquisitions will
be
painted in a 'tronnic fashion', the results of which will be put in a
gallery.  If anyone is remotely interested please drop me an email ;-}

And while I'm here, I've only just opened my copy of Night & Day (given
away
free with 'The Mail' last sunday and read their competition which closes
tonight (saturday) at midnight.    To enter, email your name and daytime
telephone number to starwars@mos.entries.co.uk	Only one email is
allowed
per person and the winners will be the	first two entries drawn at
random.
Winners will be contacted by Mail on sunday on Monday may 6th. Entrants
must
be 18 or over and winner get 2 tickets to the premiere of the film,
including a meal for two at planet hollywood.  Return travel to london
will
be provided for the winners, and accomodation is valid at the Washington
Mayfair Hotel in a twin room, on a bed and breakfast basis.  No
employees of
Associate Newspapers/families/households need apply.  Quick ad for me
here
check my listings on Ebay using member ZORGMATRIX I'm getting rid of my
surplus FT ships :)

In addition to this, this Sundays issue has a free EP2 double sided
poster.

Regards to all,

Prev: Fighters vs. non-fighters doctrine Next: Re: Fighters