Prev: Re: Fighters Next: RE: Glenn Wilson

Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 15:41:44 -0700
Subject: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

KH.Ranitzsch had written:

> > > Anyway, all this is just so much PSB - just keep it simple, limit
> > > number of fighters per attacked ship, if you think that would
solve
>the
> > > problem.

And responded to himself:

>On further thoughts, I don't think this is such a good solution. Main
>problem I see with limiting the number of fighters attacking a ship is
that
>it will make big ships relatively stronger against fighters than small
>ships, and a lot of people think big ships are underprited anyway. It
would
>be better to find a solution that favours small ships, perhaps, as has
been
>suggested, based on the ships thrust (maneuvrability).

Another option, IF you want to modify fighters, might be to change how
fighters move and intercept ships.  Maybe a movement system similar to
how
Missiles move (I can't remember if it would be more like MTM's or SM's,
I'm
not at my books), or a variation of that would work.  You could require
fighters to commit to a certain vector, say any given 30' wedge out from

their current position, BEFORE ship movement, and then after ships move
the
fighters can go after anything in that wedge - it could simulate having
commit to moving to a certain area of space, but still having speed and
manouverability to adjust within that general course.

3B^2

Prev: Re: Fighters Next: RE: Glenn Wilson