Prev: RE: Re: Another tack on fighters Next: Fighters

RE: Re: Another tack on fighters

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:38:11 -0400
Subject: RE: Re: Another tack on fighters

At 12:24 PM -0400 5/3/02, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:
>From: Flak Magnet flakmagnet@tabletop-battlezone.com
>>Nothing that turns me off to the game, but
>it certainly makes me want to develop some rules for running a campaign
>in which players are forced to do evolutionary ship design...
>
>Try this:
>a. Everyone starts with 5 ship classes and spends their
>money/production points to buy these.
>b. The SSDs and quantity of each class are published to all players.
>c. Each player may now design one variant for each class, changing
>up to 10% of the mass of weapons, sensors or defense systems.	Hull,
>drives and armor must remain the same.  Up to 1/3 of the ships in
>the class may be changed to the variant at no charge.
>d. Variant SSDs are published to all players--number in service is
>not published.
>e. Campaign starts.
>f. the first ship of a new design class takes 3 times as long and
>costs 3 times as much as succeeding ships.
>g. refitting new systems to existing ships costs 200% of the system.

I like I like.

How about adding in one caveat? Specifically that if a ship has
unused mass, that mass cost normal (or perhaps 150%) for refits. This
illustrates the trend with a new ships being designed with midlife
improvement wiggle room.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: RE: Re: Another tack on fighters Next: Fighters