Prev: Re: Another tack on fighters Next: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 08:59:28 -0400
Subject: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

At 9:55 AM +0100 5/3/02, Roger Burton West wrote:

>In general, what seems to happen is:
>
>	  I bring:   normal weapons	  PDS+ADFC	 fighters
>Enemy brings:
>normal weapons     even fight		 I lose 	I win
>PDS+ADFC	    I win		 even fight	even fight
>fighters	    I lose		 even fight	even fight

This is correct. Can you read the account of the battle of Savo
Island? This is an exact account of PDS+ADFC vs normal weapons. I
have to ask though, if you have a BDN that is optimized with PDS vs
more small anti-ship weapons, why are you getting into knife fighting
range? Stand off.

>Which means that, if I want to increase my odds of winning, I should
>always bring fighter-heavy fleets. Certainly, on the few occasions I've
>seem munchkins playing FT, fighters are what they've always gone for.

Also, in the case of a task group that is not equipped to fight a
given opponent, if they don't have to fight, why don't they just
refuse battle and withdraw? I know it's not fun, but it does make
sense...

Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |

Prev: Re: Another tack on fighters Next: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity