Prev: Re: [OT] Trek once more Next: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 09:45:21 -0700
Subject: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

>From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@tabletop-battlezone.com>

>Which seems realistic (as opposed to arbitrary) when you consider that
>the different flights of fighters have to worry about co-ordinating
>their fire and vectors in order be able to do significant damage.  If
>one flight screws up another's vector then you have both flights
>breaking formation, not making attack runs and generally getting hosed
>out of the sky by ship anti-fighter defenses.	Perhaps basing the max
>numbers of fighter that can attack by the ships classification (and
thus
>general size/mass).

Which ALSO seems to make sense, since the larger the ship being
attacked,
the larger the practical area around a ship that can be filled with
attacking fighters.

I still have a question as to what number of fighters is a good range
for a
carrier supporting other ships?

3B^2

Prev: Re: [OT] Trek once more Next: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity