Prev: Re: Paint agitation Next: RE: [DSII]When gravity fails

Re: [OT] Airbrushes was: Re: Moderation

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 15:41:30 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Airbrushes was: Re: Moderation

On 01 May 2002 12:20:55 -0400, Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@tlsdc.com> wrote:

>What specific problem are you talking about?  Perhaps I can help,
though
>I've only just started to use my airbrush for much beyond priming
>minis...

I was wondering how you did washes or black lining with an airbrush.

Lets say you have a vehicle. This vehicle has some neat creases in it
where
there are doors, hatches, etc. You prime it black. You now airbrush the
vehicle. How do you make the creases come out black?

Normally, when painting without an airbrush, I'd use a wash or I'd do a
freehand black lining. If you do a wash, the dark creases show up.
However you
also get a "stain" outside of the crease where the water and paint
mixture
settled. How do you get rid of this stain? Or, if I'm black lining and I
make
a mistake, how do I go back and touch up the mistake? If I use the
airbrush it
will fill in the crease I just finished darkening. If I fix it by hand,
I ruin
the airbrush effect.

Is there any way to do washes or other details in the crevices of a
figure/vehicle that doesn't mess up the airbrushing if you make a
mistake, or
get filled in by the airbrush itself if you do it first?

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: Paint agitation Next: RE: [DSII]When gravity fails