Prev: RE: [SGII] 25mm walkers Next: RE: [DSII]When gravity fails

RE: [DSII]When gravity fails

From: Christopher Downes-Ward <Christopher_Downes-Ward@a...>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 13:11:01 +0100
Subject: RE: [DSII]When gravity fails

Hmmm - what about quality - should veterans be able to push it more than
Green's?
Trouble is I want to add "flavour" so that the combat is not just
different
scenery but I don't want to add to many extra chit pulls and die rolls.
Mind
you this modification adds an extra die roll...

How about
 By Increasing Movement by 50%:
 Increase Target Die by 1
 By Increasing Movement by 100%:
 As above + make TL + 0 reaction test (+1 if under fire) if failed then
Draw
Damage Chits equal to Size
	If Number of Valid Chits exceeds
	Armour then treat as a Mobility Hit

 Valid Chits:
       Grav	 Yellow
       Tracked	 Red & Yellow
       Wheeled	 Red

On the other hand I think I really agree with Brian (at least as far as
infantry are concerned) that it will probably all even out.

Next I have to think about weapon behaviour on Mars. (For HEL, DFFG,
HKP,
GMS. Artillery and infantry weapons)
Random thoughts:
Closer horizon
HKP and DFFG has longer range (lower gravity, thinner attmosphere), DFFG
possibly much longer
GMS have to be specially built but otherwise unchanged
HEL might be more effective (less thermal bloom)
infantry weapons would have longer range (lower gravity, thinner
attmosphere) but for non-PA the limit might well be the sensors not the
weapons.
Infantry will be more vulnerable - suit comprimise can kill

Chris D-W

the system manager.

Should you require further information please contact
us using the details below.

website: http://www.acuma.co.uk
email: postmaster@acuma.co.uk

Prev: RE: [SGII] 25mm walkers Next: RE: [DSII]When gravity fails