Prev: Re: [MERCS] Weapons available [FH] Next: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity

Re: [SGII] 25mm walkers

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 11:07:53 +0000
Subject: Re: [SGII] 25mm walkers

Dawgie,

Many thanks that's a fair amount for me to think about

>  THE HELLCAT warbots are nice models, easy to assemble, and sturdy
once
>they have been assembled.
>
>i  have a pair of HELLCATs that i painted up and use for POLICE ROBOTS,
>for those times when the scoops just are not enough to restore order in
>the  streets of TROMAVILLE . . . .

those poor citizens, I hope they have some decent heavy weapons.

Do you have any piccies, would really apreciate some, coz the ones on
the
website were a bit fuzzy/small/not very good angles

>i also   have 4 of them that i  have used with different sci-fi rules
>over the  years.
>
>my other favorite warbot is the BATTLE- TECH MARAUDER which i use as a
>heavier armed and armored warbot.  i have 4 of them as well.

How much would I love some of those.. well not quite the £100 each,
sadly I
can't afford that, but boy are they nice!

>i also recently acquired  some multi- piece plastic robots from the
>COMBAT ZONE  boxed game (i think-i was given these).

Oh the little guys, I use them for Mecha Carniage.
The less humanoid ones are MUCH nicer, but the sprue comes with they
mixed
:(

>the jury is stillout as to using the "humanoid" warbots, but i snatched
>up the "HELLCAT" looking one  with  a missie launcher,  and heavier
>weapons to paint up for  use. i am trying to decide on POLICE or
>MILITARY  livery for it.

>the REAPER folks make some  battle- mechs , and i picked up a couple of
>the big "humanoid" warbots with  4 rotary- barreled guns for use as
>warbot. i do not know what it is officially called though.

Reaper? Haven't seen there stuff.

>as far as crewed walkers, i like the 40K SENTINEL SCOUT WALKERS armed
>with  the "multi-laser" and missile launcher.

>DBG (now OOP unfortunately) also made a nice one man walker (crewman
>straddle it  like a motorcycle).
>
>there are some "dreadnought " sized  powered armors with BFG for
LEGIONS
>OF STEEL out there that make  for  nice warbots too.
>
>the OOP VOR "dreadnought" armors for the UNION forces makes a vry nice
>LARGE, heavily armred and armored warbot, too. i never saw the NEO-SOV
>dreadnought armor so i cannot comment on it at all.
>
>and if you can find them, AT GROCERY STORES, in those "candy machines"
>there is a range of multi-piece plastic  Japanese anime "warbots" or
>"power suits" tthat can be made into nice  "humanoid" warbots for about
>$0.50 each.
>
>just some thoughts.
>
>DAWGIE

Cheers

Richard

Prev: Re: [MERCS] Weapons available [FH] Next: Re: FT: Carriers & Fighter Capacity