Prev: Re: OT Documented source showing how table manners have changed through the ages Next: Re: OT Documented source showing how table manners have changed through the ages

Re: ?? I know I'm behind in read my Digest but

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 13:44:19 +1000
Subject: Re: ?? I know I'm behind in read my Digest but

At 10:59  30/04/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Okay I'm only up to Digest 1106,
>
>     We have people calling for John Atkinson removal, on the grounds
that
> his
>opinions may piss people off.	I will admit sometimes I have found
John,
>rough on his method of get his point across.  Yet, I know this isn't a
>moderated list, or if it is I've never seen a comment about it before.
>also find John, full of information/RL experience that I don't have but
from
>his posting I can learn.
>
>     And in any encounter like this it takes 2 or more to tangle, in
the
>latest case I've seen Imre A. Szabo seems more then willing to
engage/be
>engaged.  So will the new standard be anyone who annoy another lister
be
>asked to be removed.  If so then this maybe be the end of list/group a
>functioning "family of gzg players".  Or will this be the call for a
>moderated list/group.
>
>DOC Agren
>     GZG player and lurker on this list.

G'Day DOC Agren

I think it's safe to say the list won't be moderated, but that doesn't
mean
we should let John continue with his behaviour. I've been lurking, then
posting to the GZG mailing list for about 4 years now and in that time
John
has been, well John :) Imre may be vocal but there are plenty of people
(Beth and I included) who have had enough. Sure he may know some things
but
in my opinion that's no excuse for bad behaviour and what of the
information lost to the list by people unsubbing because they have had
enough?

Anyway you'll see on the list what my final comment was.

Cheers

Derek

PS Which GZG games? FT, DS or SG?

Derek Fulton