Prev: OT Salute 2002 Next: RE: AMERICA, RIGHT OR WRONG?

AMERICA, RIGHT OR WRONG?

From: DAWGFACE47@w...
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:58:49 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: AMERICA, RIGHT OR WRONG?

AMERICA, RIGHT OR WRONG?

friend you could not be further from the truth here.

i am an America. i am proud of it. I have fought for it. and when i was
a soldier, i swore my OATH TO THE CONSTITUTION, not to any person
living or dead.

but i do not believe wrong is right just  because it is done by an
AMERICAN.

wrong is wrong.

neither does the US ARMED FORCES, and there are provisions for
prosecuting  those thar use   the "i was just an office boy excuse"  or
" i was just following orders excuse" used by the NAZI officers ,
politicians, judges, rank and file  after the war.

when i was in law enforcement,	i served the public good and enforced
the law, but i was also without any civiil rights when it came to
citizen reviews or internal affairs investigations-someing guaranteed
the most scummy of perps.

but it	went with the job. just like my OATH TO THE  CONSTITUTION, and
no  person, living or dead.

as far as what was done by others in the distant (100 years or more is
my private definition of distant), i had nothing to do with it, could
not do anything about it, and i can see wrongs	quite clearly.

but i am not into PC or revisonist histories-pure rubbish as you would
say.

what was done 100 + years ago  was done; we should  remember it and
avoid repeating it, but should not  waste time, money or tears over it
or try to re write  events to make one	party look worse than the other;
the facts will	reveal who was in the wrong .

MOVE ALONG, MOVE ALONG.

our armed forces have done much more good than evil in this world during
the relatively short time of their existence, for uncounted millons of
non-Americans.

our nation too has done much more good than evl in this world during the
relatively short time of our existence, for uncounted millions of non
Americans.

and we as a people clean our dirty drawers in full view of the	world as
a general rule.

all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth or claims to the  countrary
will not change the  fact that WE-the USA-are the modern world's ONE-
and- ONLY SUPER  POWER.

and our day will come when we are surplanted by another SUPER POWER-that
is the way things work.

BUT,  until, then, when the crap hits the fan in someplace you never
heard of or wanted know about, UNCLE SAP sends money, medicine, shelter,
food, clothing,  even	soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines, at the
will of the AMERICAN PEOPLE and the AMERICAN  PRESIDENT.

 INTERESTING DISCUSSION, SZABO,  and not one  comparative pee -pee  on
display either.

and i congratulate you for providing the info about scalping
bounties-did not think you would do so.

but remember, the Amerindians were not ever pastoral, tree hugging,
kissy faced and etc. they were	killing each other before the first
european or chinise evr wandered ashore. . . .

a fact that tends to be lost in the PC shuffle nowdays.

y'all have a nice day!

Prev: OT Salute 2002 Next: RE: AMERICA, RIGHT OR WRONG?