Prev: Re: Gunmetal Next: RE: in search of: DSII pics of....

[OT] The last word on this from me

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:39:47 +1000
Subject: [OT] The last word on this from me

G'Day

I know this may seem a little worn by now by that's the downside of
being
indifferent hemispheres.

OK, my request to boot John off the list may have been the extreme
reaction
but John is a grown up and as Dawgie pointed out this list should a
place
for civil discussions. John's consistent behaviour on list indicates to
me
that he does indeed know how to behave, but chooses not to.

To me the behaviour of the "school yard bully" is not acceptable,
arguments
regarding censorship, free speech, etc don't apply here, it's that
simple.
Irme or anyone else has the right to post his opinions to the list,
provided he does so in a civil manner and John has the right of reply.
What
John doesn't have is the right to abuse people on the list simply
because
he disagrees.

As for what is or isn't on topic, Tom is right. All good science-fiction
is
based on what we know or find familiar, David Weber's "Honor Harrington"

series is a obvious example or David Drakes's "Igniting The Reaches"
(inspired by Sir Francis Drake's travels). Both are science fiction both

have their roots in history and historical fiction.

So if Alan, Ryan and company want to discuss the Japanese tanks that's
fine
with me, I'll listen and learn something. I might even get an idea for a

game or rule.

Cheers

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Re: Gunmetal Next: RE: in search of: DSII pics of....