Prev: Re: 40k conversion? Next: RE: in search of: DSII pics of....

Re: RE: [DS] Combat Walkers?

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:35:20 -0400
Subject: Re: RE: [DS] Combat Walkers?

> From: Noel Weer noel.weer@verizon.net
> >That said, I am not sure they have added much more than that...
because, as
> Beth says, they are fire magnets.

I pointed out:
> If you were a sneaky, conniving, scheming plotter...not that I know
anyone
> like that...you could load them up with armor, backup systems, ECM,
etc, and
> let them be fire magnets.  Every shot they take is one more that's
not
> bothering your plain, dull, boring old main battle tanks...

This would be better in a referee'd game with hidden damage.
Ref: "Okay, you detect two Mechs over here <placing minis> and maybe
some other vehicles or something over there.  What do you do?"
"Ha!  We might as well scrag the mechs before the serious fighting
starts.  Open up with, oh, let's say this platoon with four GMS/H"
Ref: <rolls dice behind screen> "All four go wild."
"What?	They have Superior guidance!"
Ref: "Sorry, they missed."

(later)

"We close to point blank range and hit them with DFFG/5's!"
Ref: "Umm, no, sorry, still doesn't look like they're slowing down
any."

Prev: Re: 40k conversion? Next: RE: in search of: DSII pics of....