Prev: Re: [SG, FMA] Scenario idea Next: [OT] wargaming at work (was Steel Wariors)

Re: Moderation of GZG-L (was Re: Back from SALUTE and bye bye)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:03:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Moderation of GZG-L (was Re: Back from SALUTE and bye bye)

On 29 Apr 2002 12:21:23 -0400, Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@tlsdc.com> wrote:

>What is it about airbrushing miniatures that gets your knickers in a
>bunch?

The only thing I have against airbrushing for final effect is that it's
hard
to do detailing in the cracks and crevices of a miniature. You can paint
those
areas a dark colour, but then you end up painting over it with the
airbrush.

For instance, I have done green, brown, and black paint jobs on some
resin SG2
figures. If I want to paint the crevices a black (with a wash, most
likely), I
run the risk of spoiling what I did with the airbrush. You can't easily
redo
an airbrush result by hand. However, if you pull out the airbrush to
touch up
an area you will overspray the parts you just washed black.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: [SG, FMA] Scenario idea Next: [OT] wargaming at work (was Steel Wariors)