Prev: Re: Geohex/KR's departure Next: Re: Mr. Szabo's utter inability to think clearly or hold any moral standards

Re: Gunmetal Paint

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:49:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Gunmetal Paint

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:42:54 -0400, John Crimmins
<johncrim@voicenet.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone have any recommendations for a good acrylic "Gunmetal"
color?
>Something darker that silver, and hopefully flatter, that could be used
>when (wait for it....) painting guns?	Or, say, as a basecoat for
>Terminator style robots?

"Gunmetal" comes in many shades, depending on the manufacturer.

For my Japanese corporate mercenaries, I used an aluminum colour from
one of
those cheap hobby store brands.

Most of my gunmetal guns have been Tamiya paint. These tend to be a very
dark
metallic grey.

Testors acrylics have a gunmetal, but it's mostly a dark metallic
blue/black/grey.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: Geohex/KR's departure Next: Re: Mr. Szabo's utter inability to think clearly or hold any moral standards