Prev: RE: [DS] Combat Walkers? Next: Notification List

Re: [SG, FMA] Scenario idea

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:32:08 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [SG, FMA] Scenario idea

Bell, Brian K (Contractor) schrieb:
> The diplomat would also have to be _VERY_ good at
> human psychology to convey that he is not a threat (i.e.
> a KV might not know to put empty hands up to signal
> surrender or noncombateness) and be able to speak some main human
> language (with/without translation device).

> I can see it now... "Squad A, check the door; squad B,
> cover." Game Judge mentions the tracker is picking up a signal
> from	in the room (just as the order is being given to open the
> door). The door opens and the judge puts down another Kra'Vak
> warrior model on the table and says "You see a large Kra'Vak with
> a glave in what appears to be a fighting crouch" (Kra'Vak
> posture of honor and respect) "yelling something in a language
> you don't recongnize" (Diplomat is yelling "Don't shoot!
> Don't Shoot!") "you hear a low mechanical voice saying
> something, but you can't understand it over the Kra'Vak's yelling."
> (translater device's volume is set low for discussion,
> not for yelling)...

By this time, the "Diplomat" (or the umpire) would have failed his job
on several counts.
First No-No: you don't meet a stranger with weapons in your hand if you
want to make friends and the situation could be critical - and it's
hard to see how this could be different under alien psychology.
Second error: he met - indeed surprised - the Hu'Man at close quarters.
Too little time to appraise the situation and to take fingers off the
trigger. Better leave lots of space to allow the Humans to think the
situation through.
Given the critical situation postulated for the scenario this may have
been unavodable. Certainly a non-threatening attitude, sitting down or
perhaps crouched up in a fetal position, may be his best option.

Greetings

Prev: RE: [DS] Combat Walkers? Next: Notification List