Prev: Re: [DS] Combat Walkers? Next: Re: [MERCS] Weapons available [FH]

Geohex/KR's departure

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:55:18 -0400
Subject: Geohex/KR's departure

Well, life is about change I guess.

I understand why Jon and KR may now be
going in their own separate directions (KR does
have a burgeoning list of products and Jon
does now have a viable on-line presence).
However, that won't mean we don't miss KR. I
hope (personally) that he'll still attend GZG cons
because he was fun to have around :)

My only reservations about the new system:
International shipping plus the far more odious
duties levied by the government of Canada have
made orders from GZG more punitive from time
to time than shopping directly from KR. Also,
miniature shipping (in 25mm or smaller) is
relatively inexpensive, but shipping vehicles from
the UK is relatively more expensive than
equivalent shipping from the states. So we will
very much miss KR. (Which is why I'll be
ordering a pile of stuff during the closeout
sale!).

There isn't much that can be done about this,
but it is unfortunate for those of us on this side
of the Big Pond. I hope Bill from BR Snasis and
our local hobby shop here in Ottawa will still
carry GZG stuff, but it has to get more
expensive with KR out of the picture. :(

Anyway, to Jon: Good luck and I do hope you
can support ECC and WCC in the US - they're far
to valuable to our small community to not at
least make a good effort. I hope this all pans
out to the better!

To KR: Good luck! I look forward to buying
more of your fine terrain product and some of
those wonderful wild west minis. :)

Tomb.
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Re: [DS] Combat Walkers? Next: Re: [MERCS] Weapons available [FH]