Prev: Re: [MERCS] Weapons available [FH] Next: [DS] Combat Walkers?

Re: [OT] Goodbye to John was Re: Mr. Szabo's utter inability to thinkclearly or hold any moral standards

From: Mark Reindl <mreindl@p...>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:19:33 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] Goodbye to John was Re: Mr. Szabo's utter inability to thinkclearly or hold any moral standards

Derek Fulton wrote:

> My sheet's not clean, but I will say this every time John Atkinson
feels
> the need to mouth off we see a valued list member unsubscribe in
disgust as
> a result. This is not a once off but a regular occurrence and Jeremey
> Claridge isn't the first causality to John's "piss and wind".

Derek,

I don't necessarily disagree with your feelings on this, but I don't
think that
getting him booted is the most constructive thing to do, for a variety
of
reasons that have nothing whatsoever to do with John, or anyone else in
particular for that matter.  Might I suggest that, as a group of
computer savvy
people, if you're tired of John, or anyone else (even me for that
matter), the
best thing to do is to quietly killfile that person, and leave it at
that.
That way you never have to even see what he/she is babbling about, and
it won't
generate an ongoing flamewar that does drive people out.  Alternatively,
we
could create a new tag specifically for this list to let people know
that an
unnecessarily pissy message is being posted (maybe [Prick]?) :).  In any
case,
that's my humble suggestion, take it or leave it, as I don't feel the
need to
post on this thread anymore (but am happy to discuss it via email).  Now
figure out what to post to the list that's actually on-topic!

Prev: Re: [MERCS] Weapons available [FH] Next: [DS] Combat Walkers?