Prev: RE: re: Bugs, Mr. Ricco! Bugs!!! Next: [OT] Goodbye to John was Re: Mr. Szabo's utter inability to think clearly or hold any moral standards

Re: Steel Warriors

From: Ray Forsythe <erf2@g...>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 21:04:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Steel Warriors

Anthony Leibrick wrote:

> Now that I've recovered from the post-Salute headache, I can gloat
over
> the bargain I picked up at the Bring and Buy.
>
> (Gloat gloat)
>
> It was a box of plastic figures with the title "Steel Warriors", 30 in

> all with interchangeable weapons still on the sprues.
>
> When I saw them first, I thought, great Mecha for my DS2 (The box art
> showed a Battle-Mech type scene, giant figures towering over troopers
in
> the foreground).
>
> Then I considered, 30 figures, that's at least 5 squads in SG2, and
when
> I looked at the actual models (perhaps it was the shiny silvery
plastic
> they were moulded in) my reaction was ROBOTS.
>
> Which is when a scenario started to unfold in my mind, hordes of
nearly
> unstoppable 'bots against a small unit of PBI.
>
> This is where I now ask the list for help.
>
> Has anyone ideas for running robots in SG2?
>

> Bots, Mr Ricco! Bots!!!

Old, old, old WH40K (White Dwarf #104) had a really cool system whereby
you
built flowcharts of the robot's control program out of little blocks.
You paid
points for the control program based on how many steps it had, so a more

flexible program cost more.  Neatest bit was when a robot took severe
damage to
its 'brain,' you'd remove random program segments, causing the robot to
behave
erratically or worse.