Prev: Salute 2002: photos Next: RE: re: Bugs, Mr. Ricco! Bugs!!!

Chi-ha

From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@d...>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 20:59:17 +0100
Subject: Chi-ha

> Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:45:15 EDT
> From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com>
> Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1095
>
> On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:52:23 +0100 "Adam Benedict Canning"
> <dahak@dahak.free-online.co.uk> writes:
> >> Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:19:27 +1000
> >> From: "Alan E Brain"<aebrain@webone.com.au>
> >> Subject: Re: [ Way OT but babbling anyway...] Chi-ha

> >> Poles or Italians
> >> Japanese Naval
> >>  Japanese
> >

> >In Gear Krieg it is noticable that the Japanese Walker
> pretty much out
> >classes the Chi-Ha.
> >
> >To a degree one suspects in that universe the japanese will never
> >build any more tanks.
> >
> >Adam
> >

> Once burned, forever cautious?  But do they have
> Samurai/Ronin looking
> walkers?

The Walkers are smaller and more manueverable. [THe Chi ha has a 1
point on a d6 penalty for both attack and defence compared with the
Shiki [The first Japanese walker]  The only thing that stops the Shiki
totally out classing it is the way the shiki only got 3 satchel
charges and a shaped charge explosive lance as anti armour weapons.
When the Japanses catch up with teh second generation walker designs
and give it an anti armour gun to back upthe machineguns then thats
about all she wrote.

It should be said that the Chi-ha in Gear Krieg has one advantage to
help make up for its limitations as a tank. Its more manueverable than
most and thus harder to hit.

The only early walkers I really like the look of are the Roundheads
and the Valkuries. The Shiki is very umm.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture on www.dp9.com for the Shiki,
though a number of the others turn up.

Adam

Prev: Salute 2002: photos Next: RE: re: Bugs, Mr. Ricco! Bugs!!!