Prev: RE: GZG Catalog site Next: Re: Andromeda and Salute figures

Re: Andromeda and Salute figures

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 19:51:49 +0100
Subject: Re: Andromeda and Salute figures

In message <agticuk1u6i2jv18536t8n2hg9a30meh89@4ax.com>
	  Allan Goodall <agoodall@att.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:48:44 +0100 (BST), Phillip Atcliffe
> <Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> >I'd agree. Remember that Andromeda the series is based on a Gene
> >Roddenberry concept, and Gene had a thing about the military --
> >"StarFleet is _not_ a military organisation", etc.
>
> Okay, so the Andromeda everyone on here is talking about is that
really awful
> sci-fi show with the guy who played Hercules, right? *
>
> I don't think the "Starfleet is not a military organization" ruling
was
> Roddenberry's. I think it was Paramount's. The original Trek seemed to
show
> that it very much was a military organization.
>
> * It may not be _that_ awful. I caught the first episode and vowed to
stay
> away from it. It might have gotten better... it wouldn't be easy to
get much
> worse.
>

> Allan Goodall 		 agoodall@hyperbear.com
> http://www.hyperbear.com

Urr.. well, I have an incredibly high tolerance for bad sci-fi, and some
of the episodes really annoyed _me_!

With better script-writers and, in several places, cast, it had
potential.

Unfortunately, from what I've heard - it may well get lose - Mr. Sorbo
apparently has a certain amount of control, and wishes it to be more
action-oriented & episodic :-(

Expect it to turn into something a TNT exec would like...

But I quite like the ships though :-)

Charles

Prev: RE: GZG Catalog site Next: Re: Andromeda and Salute figures