Prev: Re: Eureka figs Next: Re: [SG2] close combat

Re: [SG2] close combat

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:12:18 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] close combat

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:04:16 +0100, Roger Burton West
<roger@firedrake.org>
wrote:

>What we ended up doing in this case was: upright people count for 2
>points each, wounded count for 1. We had 5 upright, 1 wounded, so
rolled
>a d11 (a dice server is a useful thing to have) for each shot.

That's not the way it's indicated in the rules, but that's certainly an
interesting house rule.

The rules have it as finding a die type close to the number of figures
in a
squad. Four or fewer use a D4, five or six roll a D6, seven or eight
roll a
D8, etc. You pick a figure as the first guy and then roll the dice for
each
dead/wounded result. If the number of figures is less than the size of
dice
(i.e. five figures and a D6), you start counting again at the first guy.
So,
on a D6 roll, both a 1 and a 6 will apply to the first guy. It's
suggested
that you pick the first guy as the most exposed, or centre of the mass
of
troops, or something. A figure can take more than one hit. A wounded
figure
that takes a second hit is killed.

That's the "rule" anyway, and is obviously designed around the standard
dice
available to gamers. You have a dice server so D11 isn't that hard to
roll;
most gamers don't have a D11 in their dice bag...

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: Eureka figs Next: Re: [SG2] close combat