Prev: RE: re: Bugs, Mr. Ricco! Bugs!!! Next: Fw: Almost time for Salute

RE: Eureka figs

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 07:33:17 -0400
Subject: RE: Eureka figs

AGREED!

In a scifi setting, mixing and matching 15, 25, and 28mm figurs
should not present too much of a problem (depending on your POV).

Humans are adaptable in size. Given different environments on other
planets, such variety should be expected.

One problem is that the GZG timeline (plug:
http://www.cygnusx1.info/gzg/gzghist.asp)
only have people off Earth for about 100 years. That's, what, about
3-9 generations (depends on age of fertilely, and social custom)?
Does not seem long enough to effect major change (I could be wrong).
However, genengineering may take a hand.

As problematic would be equipment within an armed force. Uniformity
brings down the price of equipment and reduces logistical problems.
But, again, in the future, this may not be an issue (automated mini-
factories make it as cheap to knock out one copy as a run of a
dozen).

---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com