Prev: RE: [OT] Sea Leopard Next: RE: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family

RE: [DS] Airships

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:23:52 +1000
Subject: RE: [DS] Airships

G'day,

> Possibly more balloon modules, to simulate separate gas cells

Cool.

> I would suggest no armour for the balloon modules - at least
> if want to stay "realistic" ;-)
> Armour for the weaponry etc. could be heavier.

That's what I was thinking, though I'll have to look in to rigid's and
see
if they could take armour 1 in the general outer skin.

> I would even tend to make it something like: roll D6, on a 1,
> it's a gun, bomb etc. module - reroll for which one., otherwise
> a balloon module

Cool. Once you roll the 1 then roll a dX to randomise the module?

> If you use more modules, reduce the effect of the first hit,
> perhaps make movement one terrain class more difficult,

OK.

> Only if you are using hydrogen for lift. Or are you thinking
> about an engine fuel explosion ?

Just a general catastrophic "critcial hit" explosion, whatever the cause
;)

> And can be engaged by ground forces.

Good point!

Thanks

Prev: RE: [OT] Sea Leopard Next: RE: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family