Prev: Re: [OT] a clarification of my comments to David (of DLD fame) Next: Re: Quick question on GMS

RE: Slow planes was: Battle blimps

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 16:31:23 -0600
Subject: RE: Slow planes was: Battle blimps

And don't forget the AC-130 Gunship... Maybe you could mount a 120 mm
cannon on a sliding cariage out the back/bottom.  The blimp could be
very quiet and might be able to get into position for low-tech opponents
with a lower chance of detection.  Might be useful in counter-insurgency
operations where you need something that can hang around for days
looking for troop movement and where they would only carry
shoulder-launched or light vehicle mounted SAM's.

--Binhan