Prev: Re: Quick question on GMS Next: Re: [MERCS] Weapons available [FH]

Re: Quick question on GMS

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 18:05:54 EDT
Subject: Re: Quick question on GMS

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:34:13 -0700 "Brian Bilderback"
<bbilderback@hotmail.com> writes:
>Glenn M Wilson wrote:
>
>>Definitive non-expert opinion.
>
>Same here.....
>
>>No, more time for EW and CM to work
>
>Reflected in the stealth/ECM dice?

Hopefully in the game (in real life maybe die roolling would help?
<grin>)

>>plus
>>target movement?
>
>Given the speed of GMS vs the speed of vehicles, this shouldn't be
>MUCH of
>an issue, if at all.

The Isrealis apaprently used the time between launch plume and potetnial
impact and felt it was significant enough to attempt evasive manuvers...

>>I rather have the impression that currently this kind of thing is
>decided
>>in what Winston Churchill referred to as "The Wizard War" aspect of
>>computers/electronics (or some such quote) and might occur far too
>fast
>>for the slight range variance to have much affect in DS2 Granularity.
>
>As fast as GMS AND ADS will probably track in the game, flight time
>might be
>a LONG tine for them as compared to how long it seems to us humans....

15 minutes (+/- 14) turns.

>  SG
>>II?  No opinion.
>
>Ditto.
>
>>Oh, also there is (maybe?) the time between launch and
>>weapon arming where the missile might be guaranteed a "hit" but no
>"boom"
>>factor.
>
>Plausible....
>
>>Rambling without technical expertise - - - -
>
>Join the club.
>
>3B^2

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: Quick question on GMS Next: Re: [MERCS] Weapons available [FH]