Prev: Re: [ds, sg] tech and scratchbuild questions Next: Re: [ds, sg] tech and scratchbuild questions

Re: Battle blimps

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:09:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Battle blimps

At 2:01 PM +0900 4/18/02, Edward Lipsett wrote:
>Doesn't even have to be very significant... helium manages to fit
through
>remarkably small holes that are completely AIRtight.
>
>on 02.4.18 1:13 PM, K.H.Ranitzsch at KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:
>>
>>  It's Helium, not "puffed air". unless you are speaking of a hot-air
balloon.
>>  And any significant leaks will.force the blimp down.

Eventually. I seem to recal reading a number of accounts as to how
difficult it was to make a zepplin go down even after repeated
exposure to machine gun fire from air craft. It wasn't until the
advent of the tracer that it became much easier. The sheer size of
the volume of air, makes it difficult. Additionally, as far as the
leak issue in general, good year seems to have the general concept
well in hand.

Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |

Prev: Re: [ds, sg] tech and scratchbuild questions Next: Re: [ds, sg] tech and scratchbuild questions