Prev: Re: London GZG Next: Re: {SGII} NIDF

RE: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:11:31 -0400
Subject: RE: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family

-----Original Message-----
From: Indy [mailto:kochte@stsci.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 09:30
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu

*snip*
However, a suggestion to address the lack of GMS/IAVR. Why not "create"
a new weapon system for them that *acts* kinda like a GMS/IAVR, but is
not interceptable by anti-GMS weaponry? "Base" it on the whole K-gun,
HKP, MDC penetrating weapon theory. The KV have got to have armored
vehicles themselves (okay, maybe they don't *have* to), and likely
will have encountered them, so should have heavy-enough duty weaponry
to deal with those things. This could be in addition to the infantry
weapons being somewhat more effective against soft/lightly armored
targets.

Suggestions-(not-always-great)-R-Us,
Mk
-----End Original Message-----

Thanks!

I was trying to stay with what is available in the 15mm Kra'Vak figure
line
(http://www.cygnusx1.info/images/sg2/sg15-k.jpg).

For normal warriors, you have
1 Commander (AAR w/ arm pointing)
5 Warrior w/ AAR
1 Warrior w/ Larger weapon (SAW)
1 Warrior w/ BIG weapon

Scout/Cavalry have a boxy hand weapon

Power Armor:
1 w/ Axe
2 w/ AAR
1 w/ Larger weapon (SAW or BIG weapon)
2 w/ AAR & Pod

Commander, Big weapon warrior, & scouts have a bag. No other warrior
seems
have any extra equipment.

I was trying to make the 'Big Weapon' into kind of a HKP/P to replace
GMS/P.
Impact of 2d12* and make it 3 shot (big weapon has 3 barrel holes). I
gave
range as a heavy weapon (12" x Size of target). I used the KV quality
for
guidance, because I thought that AI may be "unKra'Vak" (again, my
flavoring).

I also gave warrior weapons the improved attack against lightly armored
vehicles (*) to compensate for no IVARs. Since small arms cannot harm AC
2
or better vehicles (p.37), I did not think that this would be too big of
problem.

I was just going to identify juveniles by coloration (paint) differences
(still green, have not got thier stripes yet [refering to juvenile's
green
coloration and lack of adult striped hide patterns]).

Yes. I did not address the KV vehicles yet, other than to indicate that

Prev: Re: London GZG Next: Re: {SGII} NIDF