Prev: RE: GEV RVs Next: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

Re: [SGII] Follow Me! Varient Rules for Platoon Leaders

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:39:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SGII] Follow Me! Varient Rules for Platoon Leaders

--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the coherent point about the fluid
> nature (fluids roll down
> hill) of point systems inherently.

How do you quantify something like reactivations that
allows me to drive the tempo of the game and
psychologically throw my opponent off balance?

Especially when some people can't do that?

I mean, if your scenario is about a deliberate
reduction of a strongpoint, reactivations are less
useful because there's no finesse, there's just a
methodical carrying out of a plan.  If you have a good
plan, adequate assets, and don't blow your dice rolls
too badly, you will do alright.

A battle of maneuver based around seizing key terrain
and destroying the enemy using fire an maneuver, then
if you use your reactivations right you can push your
opponent offbalance and keep him that way by changing
the tactical situation faster than he can react.

John

Prev: RE: GEV RVs Next: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!