Prev: Re: {SGII} NIDF Next: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

From: Tim Gray <tgray@a...>
Date: 16 Apr 2002 09:07:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 15:03, Roger Books wrote:
> On 15-Apr-02 at 14:07, Flak Magnet (flakmagnet72@yahoo.com) wrote:
>
> > When troops are screwed over, they think of the MP's that caught
them in
> > the wrongdoing.  Wah.
>
> If the MP thinks of his job as catching people in wrongdoing then they
> can be great MPs.

I never though of it that way when I was in.  I though of it as keeping
order.	"Assist, Protect, Defend." and all that.  Catching people in
wrongdoing was one of the ways we could protect everyone else from those
scrotes we were catchin'.

In that respect, I was more of a "help an old lady, get the cat out of
the tree and chase the kids who were smoking out from behind the PX"
kind of MP rather than a "Catch the speeders, bust the bad-guy" kind of
MP.  I never failed to do my duties, but the focus and intent was on
helping and protecting for me.

> If they carry that over into being an officer they
> will be atrocious officers.

100% agreement on that point.

--
Tim Gray

Prev: Re: {SGII} NIDF Next: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!