Prev: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style! Next: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

Re: [SGII] Follow Me! Varient Rules for Platoon Leaders

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:05:04 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII] Follow Me! Varient Rules for Platoon Leaders

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 14:37:00 -0700 (PDT), John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:

>OK, I'm sick of the damn 2LTs (Subalterns for you
>Brits) sitting on their side of the board immobile,
>next to the EW guy and "leading" via FM.

TomB and I went at this problem from the other end. We thought of how to
make
leaders lead from the front. We did this by changing the rules for
communications rolls, making it harder to transfer an action if the
leader was
out of LOS of the receiving unit. My version of the rule can be found
at:

http://home.att.net/~agoodall/sg2/sg2-house-rules-transfer.html

Your rules make it easier for the leader to move forward with the troops
in
order to do transfers. However, if a leader is moving with the troops
and is
suppressed or wounded/killed, the player loses chances to transfer an
action.
So, there is still an incentive to move the commander into the corner of
the
board and keep him there with the EW guy.

Your rules making it easier to move the leader and to give extra
transfers are
interesting (I'm not sure I like two figures transferring actions at the
same
level, as it makes for a whole lot more transfers). Combined with our
transfer
of command rules I think the "commander in the corner" problem is
effectively
wiped out.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style! Next: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!