Prev: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style! Next: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

Re: [SG2] Question: Put Variant Rules in Web Pages?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:55:15 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] Question: Put Variant Rules in Web Pages?

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 20:26:44 +0100 (BST), Katie Lauren Lucas
<katie@fysh.org>
wrote:

>Acrobat isn't a format. Acrobat is the main reader for the format, the
format is
>PDF. Which is essentially PostScript with some extensions to the
interpreter to
>do all sorts of neat things, most of which never get used (proper
hypertexting,
>for example).

Actually, Acrobat is the program you use to create PDF files. Acrobat
reader
is the reader of the format. (This is already too off topic, so I won't
go
into Distiller, etc.). So, I was strictly speaking still accurate in my
statement. :-) Or, I was as equally inaccurate when talking about Word
and
Acrobat the same way.

>LaTeX - typeset it in LaTeX!! Everyone speaks LaTeX. Or something LaTeX
can be
>output to....

I'm afraid that most people wouldn't know how to import LaTeX into Word
or
another program they have in order to get it printed.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style! Next: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!