Prev: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style! Next: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

RE: mixed units was [DS,FT] NSF

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:51:15 -0400
Subject: RE: mixed units was [DS,FT] NSF

>I'm referring to Non-Standard Forces - those ships and vehicles that
I've
acquired singly and/or kit bashed, the stuff that is either to
out-of-scale
with my normal units (My Battletech and micromachines vehicles are much
bigger than my C-in-c, GHQ, and smaller GZG stuff), or too individual to
fit
into a TO&E, but looks too nifty to just not use.

At my usual glacial production rate, I'm writing a background for a
nation on Cibola, a balkanized planet.	This nation, as yet unnamed, is
going through a civil war, and its neighbors are treating it as a good
place to live-fire test their doctrine and equipment--analogous to the
Spanish Civil War.  Both sides of the civil war have at least three
factions and each faction has its own suppliers, patrons, arms dealers,
volunteers, mercs, etc.  One week it may be PAU mercs in ESU gear
fighting a company of Sikh "volunteers" in GEVs, next week Islamic
Fed-supplied local militia plus a third-hand, badly maintained Loyalist
(Green faction) combat walker vs NSL-trained Loyalist (Blue faction)
special forces.  No orbital bombardment or nukes because no one wants to
escalate things quite that far, but aside from that, anyone could be
fighting anyone else.

Prev: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style! Next: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!