Prev: [DS2] Decals Next: Re: Rhine Dale Raid (long)

RE: [DS,FT] NSF (Not my Bank Account)

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 08:48:12 -0400
Subject: RE: [DS,FT] NSF (Not my Bank Account)

Local Manufacture.

"Space is big...". Perhaps all military equipment would come from one
source. But, politically, it may be difficult. Local (regional)
manufacturers would want to dip their fingers into the pie. It is also
possible that all the local manufacturers would work off the same
template.
But, again, politics and economics may play a part (pay royalty to the
owning company for the template).

I don't think that it would be too far a stretch for politics to impose
unit based in a region to use x% of local manufactures or give
preference to
local manufacturers. Such things are already done (in the US) for small
businesses and minority owned businesses.

Odd vehicles could be locally produced vehicles. Or it could be that the
odd
vehicle is the "centrally produced" vehicles and the others are the
locally
produced ones.

---
Brian Bell