Prev: Re: [DS,FT] NSF (Not my Bank Account) Next: Re: [OT]Anime Zeppelin

Re: [DS] 10,000 was: NSF (Not my Bank Account)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:00:18 +0200
Subject: Re: [DS] 10,000 was: NSF (Not my Bank Account)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Burger" <yh728@victoria.tc.ca>
> You know, this could be a pretty cool campaign. I've read (and
enjoyed)
> Xenophon's "The Ten Thousand", wished that real world politics allowed
me
> to re-trace the route myself (eastern Turkey, Syria & Iraq - not a
happy
> region...) but never thought about it for a campaign, SF or otherwise.

Harold Coyle's "The Ten Thousand" is a retelling of the story as a
modern-era campaign - quite readable.

> And of course it's the perfect excuse for a come-as-you-are event,
with
> all sorts of odd vehicles straggling along. The only problem is that
it's
> harder for armoured vehicles to 'live off the land' like the Greeks
did
> across Asia Minor. Instead of raiding hill tribes for food, you'd try
> raid firebases and maintenance dumps for ammo, parts & fuel!

Fuel is easy - any gas station (at least, if you use decent engines).
For ammo, you could assume area-wide standard ammo (like NATO ammo
today),
so scrounge from the enemy
Parts would be the hardest part.

And don't forget captured enemy vehicles, clearly (!) marked for
recognition
purposes.

Greetings

Prev: Re: [DS,FT] NSF (Not my Bank Account) Next: Re: [OT]Anime Zeppelin