Prev: Re: GEV RVs Next: Re: UN Fleet

Re: GEV RVs

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 20:22:42 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: GEV RVs

On 14-Apr-02 at 19:18, John Atkinson (johnmatkinson@yahoo.com) wrote:

> > Regardless
> > I've already discovered that dug in infantry really
> > pisses off my opposition.
>
> Yeah--and with the right attachments Powered
> Armor-equipped engineers should be able to dig
> foxholes decently quick.
>
> > How would you simulate this in DS terms?
>
> Treat 'em as being in hard cover.

Got that part, what I really meant was how do you point
this out, or do you just say engineers have this capability.

I'm beginning to think I need to buy GEV trucks which haul
a small bucket-loader.

I think I am drawing an idea of what this force is about.

They are mercenary force licensed by the NAC.  Their purpose
is dealing with uprisings on small colony worlds.  They are
hired by independant governments, although occasionally the
NAC hires them for a mission.

In reality they are NAC troops for which the government can
deny responsibility.  They are kept in tip-top shape by the
occasional small colony contract.  When costs overrun income
some funding is forthcoming from the NAC although of late this
has been unnecessary.

Oh, one requirement of being a licensed NAC merecenary force
is you may not fight against any NAC colony or the government.
Employment by any non-allied government requires approval from
the NAC.  In the case of a non-aligned colony this is just a
formality.  In the case of a stellar government it is looked at
very closely.  Mercenary units are not allowed weapons of mass
destruction or biologicals.  There is some debate about relaxing
this for any mercenary unit going into areas held by hostile
aliens.

I still need to get the whole battalion designed.  I also need
to figure out what they do for interplanetary logistics and

Prev: Re: GEV RVs Next: Re: UN Fleet