Prev: Re: [SG2] Question: Put Variant Rules in Web Pages? Next: Re: Completely off topic

Re: GI Joe diecast

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 15:44:50 -0400
Subject: Re: GI Joe diecast

Ray Forsythe wrote:

> Indy wrote:
>
> > Roger Books wrote:
> >
> >>On 11-Apr-02 at 17:16, laserlight@quixnet.net
(laserlight@quixnet.net) wrote:
[snip, snap, snop]

> I picked some of these up Friday night, an M3 Bradley and an LAV of
some

> http://www.wombatzone.com/images/Bradley-front.jpg
> http://www.wombatzone.com/images/Bradley-rear.jpg
> http://www.wombatzone.com/images/Bradley-side.jpg
> http://www.wombatzone.com/images/Bradley-top.jpg
> http://www.wombatzone.com/images/LAV-front.jpg
> http://www.wombatzone.com/images/LAV-rear.jpg
> http://www.wombatzone.com/images/LAV-side.jpg
> http://www.wombatzone.com/images/LAV-top.jpg
> http://www.wombatzone.com/images/LAV-Bradley-top.jpg
>
> In the pics, the LAV is from the 4.5" line, the Bradley from the 3",
hence the
> size oddities.  The minis in the shots are 15mm UNSC troopers for
scale.

> The toys are from an outfit called Maisto (http://www.maisto.com has
links to
> pics of the line near the middle of the page).  It includes M1s,
HMMWVs, and a
> bunch of utility vehicles.  Paint jobs are green, tan and woodland
cammo.

> Overall not too bad, though the price was the best part $0.88 for the
Bradley,
> $1.88 or so for the LAV.

You found LAVs?? I can't find those at all. :-/  1 large Abrahms,
a couple of M113s*, a platoon of Bradleys, and almost a company
of the smaller Abrahms (supposedly 1:113 scale? going by an older
Matchbox one I have which gives a scale; the Maisto's tanks are
identical, except no scale noted). I've found loads and loads of
trucks, more trucks, bulldozers (engineering company!), jeeps,
and HUMMVs, though. :-/

LAV. Must keep looking...

Mk

* - these seem to be *about* 25mm scale...at least it looks good

Prev: Re: [SG2] Question: Put Variant Rules in Web Pages? Next: Re: Completely off topic