Prev: UN Fleet Redux Next: Re: [SG2] Question: Put Variant Rules in Web Pages?

Re: [OT] a clarification of my comments to David (of DLD fame)

From: Katie Lauren Lucas <katie@f...>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 20:33:33 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [OT] a clarification of my comments to David (of DLD fame)

Quoting Indy <kochte@stsci.edu>:

> Katie Lauren Lucas wrote:
> > [using make-up sponges for painting]
> >
> > Personally, for things like this, I always used to use the synthetic
> foam stuff
> > that comes in blister-packs of minis. It has no other use once
you've
> opened
> > the pack, and it's likely to be near at hand. :-)
>
> I keep a supply of these for padding for my minis when I store them in
> things other than gun cases. Not the absolute best, but they work.
> :-)

Which leads me onto another question: anyone recommend a good place to
get
portable storage for minatures?

Suppose someone has, ohhhhh, best part of a billion miniatures they need
to home
and could do with a not-to-expensive storage system. The magnetic ones
would be
a pain (rebasing everything), making boxes would take AGES and not all
of the
stuff is human-sized (walkers, tanks, things like that).

I've got a bundle of carry cases that are "absolutely not the same as
the ones
GW used to sell for about 3x the price". It would be nice to get all my
figures
stored in the SAME type of boxes...

[We are talking a LOT of figures here. 2 companies of WH40K space
marines;
suitable Genestealer opposition, millions and millions of fantasy
figures.]

If they were all in the same type of box at least it would all /stack/.

And not-too-expensive would be good as well, since I'll need a few of
them...

Cheers!!

_______
      Katie Lauren Lucas, Consultant Software Engineer, Parasol
Solutions

Prev: UN Fleet Redux Next: Re: [SG2] Question: Put Variant Rules in Web Pages?