Prev: Re: Tank Commanders Next: RE: [DS, SG] Sources of WWI tanks and knights

Re: GI Joe diecast

From: Ray Forsythe <erf2@g...>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 15:07:08 -0400
Subject: Re: GI Joe diecast

wrote:

>>>Stuart did green, brown, black --apparently he had a US or German
pattern
>>>in mind but I don't know what it was--and took it from from primer to
usable

>>in 5 minutes.
>>
>>I would be afraid I would achieve that marble affect I have been
trying
>>so hard to achieve in other places.  I really don't want a marble
>>looking tank.
>>

> Wal-Mart I noticed last week has a line of GI Joe "matchbox"-like
> cars for cheap ($0.89 or something like that). Get some of those,
> prime 'em, and practice? It's what I'm doing right now. Work out the
> kinks of this technique (and find the right color combos ;-) before
> I take on my *real* stuff.  :-)
>
> I really promise to take pics and post as soon as I'm able to. You
> guys can then all shake your collective heads at my awesomely sad
> paintsmanship. ;-)
>
> Mk

I picked some of these up Friday night, an M3 Bradley and an LAV of some

http://www.wombatzone.com/images/Bradley-front.jpg
http://www.wombatzone.com/images/Bradley-rear.jpg
http://www.wombatzone.com/images/Bradley-side.jpg
http://www.wombatzone.com/images/Bradley-top.jpg
http://www.wombatzone.com/images/LAV-front.jpg
http://www.wombatzone.com/images/LAV-rear.jpg
http://www.wombatzone.com/images/LAV-side.jpg
http://www.wombatzone.com/images/LAV-top.jpg
http://www.wombatzone.com/images/LAV-Bradley-top.jpg

In the pics, the LAV is from the 4.5" line, the Bradley from the 3",
hence the
size oddities.	The minis in the shots are 15mm UNSC troopers for scale.

The toys are from an outfit called Maisto (http://www.maisto.com has
links to
pics of the line near the middle of the page).	It includes M1s, HMMWVs,
and a
bunch of utility vehicles.  Paint jobs are green, tan and woodland
cammo.

Overall not too bad, though the price was the best part $0.88 for the
Bradley,
$1.88 or so for the LAV.

--

Prev: Re: Tank Commanders Next: RE: [DS, SG] Sources of WWI tanks and knights