Prev: Ashigaru power armor Next: Re: painting - sponging (was: Re: [OT] a clarification of my comments to David (of DLD fame))

Re: painting - sponging (was: Re: [OT] a clarification of my comments to David (of DLD fame))

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:51:42 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: painting - sponging (was: Re: [OT] a clarification of my comments to David (of DLD fame))

(laserlight@quixnet.net)
wrote:

> > > Stuart did green, brown, black --apparently he had a US or German
pattern
> > > in mind but I don't know what it was--and took it from from primer
usable
> > in 5 minutes.
> >
> > I would be afraid I would achieve that marble affect I have been
trying
> > so hard to achieve in other places.  I really don't want a marble
> > looking tank.
>
> Wal-Mart I noticed last week has a line of GI Joe "matchbox"-like
> cars for cheap ($0.89 or something like that). Get some of those,
> prime 'em, and practice? It's what I'm doing right now. Work out the
> kinks of this technique (and find the right color combos ;-) before
> I take on my *real* stuff.  :-)

Truly -- I keep a bunch of really awful old figures around, so I can
practice
new and different tecniques on them without the fear of "ruining" a
miniature
that I really like.

Pine-Sol cures all wounds, but even so -- I've got some Reaper figures
that I'm
almost afraid to paint, because they look So Damn Good just as bare
metal.

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com