Prev: Re: [OT] calling John Atkinson..... Next: Re: [OT] a clarification of my comments to David (of DLD fame)

Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:19:17 -0400
Subject: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea

At 6:45 PM +1000 4/11/02, Alan and Carmel Brain wrote:

>Interestingly, the Churchill was reckoned to be very maouverable -
>it could go up slopes and cope with rough ground that a Sherman
>couldn't. Of course a Sherman was capable of moving faster than
>a jog on most terrain, which the Churchill couldn't do downhill
>with a following wind. The difference between a normal car and a
>4WD permanently in 1st gear.

The Churchill was/is very good on rough ground because of the very
long tracks and low ground pressure. But it's top speed was on the
order of 15mph, 11 for the up armored models (which had thicker front
armor than the tiger it turns out..).

Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |	       |	   |

Prev: Re: [OT] calling John Atkinson..... Next: Re: [OT] a clarification of my comments to David (of DLD fame)