Prev: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points Next: Re: [DS] Monster Tanks - My beloved T-35

Re: [DS2] Defender/Attacker ratios and fixed defenses

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:43:52 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS2] Defender/Attacker ratios and fixed defenses

At 3:33 PM -0700 4/9/02, Brian Bilderback wrote:
>Tomb wrote:
>
>>Registered batteries (faster/less deviation)
>
>I won't comment on the rest, but I'll give this suggestion for
>representing preregistered artillery:	Since most DS II arty already
>hits automatically, give the defender a certain number of
>pre-registered spots on the board (for a price).  Any mission called
>on one of these spot arrives in the spotting unit's activation, not
>in the next activation.

That seems correct. I'd say that a specific group of units should be
able to make this call. But really any LT or PSG in on that side
should be able to make that call. Artillery flexibility and response
is going up not down as time goes on.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points Next: Re: [DS] Monster Tanks - My beloved T-35