Prev: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points Next: Re: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points

RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:07:02 -0400
Subject: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points

Correct. All that you can hope for is a base, comparison value.
Circumstances (i.e. scenarios) will always adjust the value of units.
Striving for a point system that will handle all situations is like
looking
for the lost arc -- you will only find it if you are Indiana Jones, and
then
you will loose it to bureaucrats.

I imagine between frequent opponents and in set scenarios, both the
points
system and the capacity system will mysteriously mutate or disappear
completely.

However, I would hate to see it just disappear (like in stargrunt). One
of
the reasons it is taking me so long to get a game of stargrunt going is
attempting to balance the sides (not exact balance, but balanced to
where
each side has fun). As I am one of about 2 GZG players (and the other
one
has disappeared) in my area, I need to ensure the scenario will work
before
presenting it to non-GZG players. If I run a scenario, and the players
feel
it is out of balance, they will assume that it is the _game_, not me,
that
is off. I would hate for this to happen.

-----
Brian Bell
-----