Prev: Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together. Long post. Next: Re: Starship Modeler - Starcrafts' Terran Marine and Zerg HydraliskPreview

Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together. Long post.

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 11:41:39 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together. Long post.

Adrian Johnson schrieb:

> This is rather a long post.  I hope you have fun though,
> and don't get bored :)

Interesting post, and well thought out.
> Armour:  Armour classes have a TACTICAL points value
> (TAC) - a reflection of how effective the armour is at protecting the
vehicle
> in combat - and a CAPACITY (CAP), which is how much space/weight the
armour
> takes up.  The TAC value and CAP values change, depending on what
type
> of armour is used on what size class vehicle.

I would like to see, at least as an optional rule, the possibility to
define each face of the armour individually (front, left, right, top,
bottom [against mines], rear) There have been all kinds of odd vehicles
where this was quite unbalanced, e.g.front armour only gun carriages or
trucks, open-topped vehicles, self-propelled guns with open rear etc.
And I don't think the asymmetric M3 Grant had the same armour on the
left and right side.

Greetings