Prev: Re: [SGII] Mortars questions Next: Re: [SGII] Mortars questions

Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 10:06:29 +0200
Subject: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

Michael Llaneza wrote:

>Yeah, the DS2 system needs some work, but so much that it needs to be
>scrapped altogether.

Yep :-/

>Some of the real world examples depend on assumptions. One big one is
the
>Ontos, with its six recoiless rifles. That's way too many to fit on a
>small vehicle. Looked at another way, the Ontos has just one weapon
system
>and maybe giving it a single SLAM is more accurate (my copy of DS2 is
>hiding right now or I'd run out the stats). The SLAM is much closer to
how
>the Ontos was actually used, so it is more accurate to rate it that
way.

>Any other vehicles that DS2 can't build ?

Some examples:

- Merkava
- CV90120
- Any vehicle which is protected against rifle fire all around but
doesn't
have heavier protection to its front
- Any gun/mortar system

In fact pretty much no existing tank can be realistically represented
using
the DS2 design system thanks to their armour distributions. Where DS2
gives
a size/3 vehicle armour 3/2/2 for front/sides/top, real-world tanks have

something more like 8/2/1 :-/

'Course, if we go into the SciFi realm we have stuff like the Posleen
vehicles, Renegade Legion's aerospace-capable grav tanks, mid-sized
mechs... <g>

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [SGII] Mortars questions Next: Re: [SGII] Mortars questions