Prev: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh) Next: RE: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

RE: [ECC] Stuart's Painting Clinic

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 12:54:18 +1000
Subject: RE: [ECC] Stuart's Painting Clinic

G'day,

Given how individualistic being creative can be (and I'd count fig
painting
as creative whether its for the table or a fig show) I was pleasantly
surprised to see I nodded my head to most of Stuart's points. However
(and
far be it from me to disagree with the grand master himself, but...) I
think
brushes are an individual's preference...

> Long bristle brushes are generally
> better than short--they hold shape better and hold more paint.

I loath long bristle brushes, I must paint with crappy hand style as
they
"bend" over at the tip very quickly and lose shape more quickly (at
least in
my hands). I much prefer to get short bristle sable brushes. As for
paint
content, well as Stuart points out you don't want much on board anyway.
The
shorter length means you have to be more careful in that area, but its
no
big deal (for me at least) given how much frustration you lose. However,
like I said could be a personal preference thing ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh) Next: RE: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)